Chapter 1 Preamble
Article 1 (Name)
The name of the institute is Youngsan Theological Institute of Hansei University.
Article 2 (Purpose)
Youngsan Theological Institute (hereafter ‘institute’) shall establish Youngsan Dr. Yonggi Cho’s theology and further endeavors to promote both Korean and global theological societies.
Article 3 (Goals)
The institute has the following goals:
- a. to Compile and to organize local and international theological sources to establish Pentecostal theology by supporting the Holy Spirit Movement.
- b. to Establish a theological basis for Youngsan theology to be accepted as an alternative theological paradigm of the 21st century.
- c. to Promote Youngsan Theology into a global theology by researching on Youngsan’s Fivefold Gospels, Threefold Blessings, and Fourth Dimensional Spirituality on the basis of biblical Pentecostal theology.
- d. to Provide a sound theological direction for both local and global theological societies by supporting the interactive relationship between local and global theological societies.
Article 4 (Location)
The institute shall be located in Hansei University.
Article 5 (Tasks)
The institute shall execute the following tasks for establishing both Youngsan Theology and sound Holy Spirit Movement:
- a. to Hold theological symposiums and seminars of a local and international level for the development and promotion of Youngsan Theology.
- b. to Publish the Journal of Youngsan Theology.
- c. to Compile and to publish periodicals related to Youngsan Theology, Full Gospel Theology and Pentecostal Theology.
- d. to Publish researches on pneumatology.
- e. to Compile both local and global theological sources.
- f. to Any other projects needed to fulfill the purpose of the institute.
Chapter 2 Organization
Article 6 (Director)
- 1. The director shall be appointed among the faculty and staff by the president.
- 2. The director represents and oversees the institute.
Article 7 (Deleted in 2001.9.1.)
Article 8 (Researchers and others)
- 1. The institute has a chief researcher and researchers.
- 2. The chief researcher shall be a holder of a Ph.D. or a current student of the degree. The president recommends the nominee, and the chairperson approves. (Except when the nominee is a dispatch from an external organization.)
- 3. The chief researcher executes various research projects ordered by the director and may perform projects from outside the institute upon the approval of the director.
- 4. Researchers may be hired according to the need of the institute. Researchers must be a graduate or a current student of M.Div., Th.M., or Ph.D.
- 5. The salaries of the chief researcher and researchers shall be determined by the director with the approval of the president based on their capability and performance.
Article 9 (Team Leader and Research Assistants, and Administrative Assistants)
- 1. The Institute may have team leaders, research assistants and administrative assistants.
- 2. The team leader shall be appointed by the director.
- 3. Team leaders, research assistants, and administrative assistants shall execute the things of the institute instructed by the director.
Article 10 (Human Resources)
- 1. The director recommends the research assistants and the administrative assistants. The president approves.
- 2. The chief researcher and researchers may be employed according to the needs of the institutes. Nominees with disqualifications may not be hired.
- 3. An intermediary position may be establised if it is found to be necessary for the institute. The president has the final approval regarding the nominee and appointment time.
Chapter 3 Finance
Article 10 (Expense)
The expenses for the institute shall be provided by the following:
- a. Research grants from the university.
- b. Research grants from outside consignments.
- c. Project earnings.
- d. Donations and contributions.
- e. Others.
Article 11 (Expense)
Article 12 (Report)
The director gives project reports and briefings to the president.
Article 13 (Fiscal Year)
The fiscal year of the institute shall be the same as the one of the university.
Chapter 4 Committees
Article 14 (Installation)
The institute shall have an Advisory Committee, Executive Committee, and Editorial Committee to fulfill its development, research, operation, and publishing duties.
Article 15 (Executive Committee)
- 1. The institute establishes the executive committee. It is charged with in-depth discussion and decision-making for important matters of the institute.
- 2. The members of the Executive Committee shall be composed of the director and members from the full time instructors from the university. The total should be ten or fewer.
- 3. The president is the Committee Chair.
- 4. The Committee meeting shall be convoked by the director as needed.
- 5. The Committee meeting shall be called to order at the attendance of the majority. Decisions shall be confirmed by the majority vote of the attendants.
- 6. The director deals with the established matters. It shall be reported by the Executive Committee.
- 7. If the matter is not mentioned in the institute regulation, or if the matter is related to a new project or administration, the director recommends it to be discussed and is decided by the Executive Committee.
Article 16 (Editorial Committee)
- 1. The Editorial Committee shall be for the institute’s research and publications. The Editorial Committee combines with Publishing Committee.
- 2. The Editorial Committee shall be composed of ten or fewer members of professors and instructors. A decision shall be made by the Editorial Committee, and the director appoints. The term is 2 years, and members may be reappointed.
- 3. The Editorial Committee Chair shall be elected through mutual election.
- 4. The Committee charges the Journal of Youngsan Theology, a journal of the institute.
- 5. Other decisions shall be determined by the majority of the attendants.
Article 17 (Research Ethics Committee)
- 1. In order to regulate misconducts, the Research Ethics Committee (hereinafter the committee) is to be established within Youngsan Theological Institute.
- 2. The committee consists of a total of 5, including the chairman. Committee members are to be appointed by the director.
- 3. The director executes the duties of the chairman.
- 4. With respect to necessary issues, the committee shall be convened at the request of the director.
- 5. Other decisions shall be determined by over the three attendants.
- 1. This regulation shall enter into force on March 1, 1991.
- 2. The revised regulation shall enter into force on March 1, 1993.
- 3. The revised regulation shall enter into force on March 4, 1998.
- 4. The revised regulation shall enter into force on September 1, 2001.
- 5. The revised regulation shall enter into force on March 1, 2002.
- 6. The revised regulation shall enter into force on April 6, 2004.
- 7. The revised regulation shall enter into force on November 14, 2005.
- 8. The revised regulation shall enter into force on March 23, 2011.
- 9. The revised regulation shall enter into force on June 8, 2012.
- 10. The revised regulation shall enter into force on May 28, 2013.
- 11. The revised regulation shall enter into force on March 1, 2015.